This sounds really yummy! I have learned to adapt recipes for celiac(gluten intolerant) and allergy diets over the years so if anyone is interested let me know and I will try re-tooling this for those who can’t have what it calls for but want to try the flavors. (I will end up doing it eventually since it sounds so good!)
One of my favorite things about cooking is the opportunity to fuse ethnic dishes. In this case, it’s the Chinese egg roll and Cajun boudin into Boudin Egg Rolls. I call it Casian cuisine. And man, are they good.
I used boudin straight from Lafayette, but the store-bought kind will probably work as well. In my opinion, the smokier you can find, the better.
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chili oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boudin
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- In a Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot, heat oils to 350F over medium-high heat.
- Remove the boudin from the casing.
- Finely chop up casing and add to boudin. NOTE: Adding the casings back in is optional.
- Place 2 TBSP boudin in center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Wrap from bottom up and then fold the sides in and top down.
- Fry until golden brown on…
View original post 72 more words