The TPP is actually the Trans-Pacific Partnership, more commonly known as NAFTA on steroids.
The U.S. government is secretly negotiating this treaty with Pacific nations. Here are a few highlights of what whistleblowers have revealed is in the treaty:
- Corporate nationhood. The TPP will empower corporations to take real nations (including the U.S.) to court and overturn their laws.
- Job offshoring. The TPP will create incentives for more exporting of jobs.
- Damage to food safety.
- Damage to environmental protections.
- Enrichment of drug companies at the expense of human health.
- Banning some generic drugs.
- Further deregulating banks. (Read that one twice if you have to! We’re not making this up!)
- Forbidding the breaking up of too-big-to-fail financial firms, making them legally too big to fail.
- Censoring the internet by effectively creating SOPA (the Stop Online Piracy Act) despite its failure in Congress as a result of strong public opposition.
TPP is a Terrible Plutocratic Plan. It’s fundamentally anti-democratic.
(Please click the link below to take action on this-